New Street Names

The Addressing Unit is charged with the responsibility of assigning addresses and naming private easements and works in accordance with the Street Naming & Addressing Section (See section 604 Street Naming & Addressing starting on pg. 158) of the Yavapai County Planning and Zoning Ordinance(PDF, 5MB). To obtain an address for a property that is accessing or touching an unnamed easement, a road naming application must be submitted and completed before any addresses can be assigned. This process takes 12-16 weeks total, we recommend that you submit your application immediately if you are in need of an address for your new development. Please feel free to contact the Addressing Unit for any additional questions you may have.

Road Naming Application: This is the foundation for all new road names, this must be completed with the approved list of road names added. (See Step 1 for preliminary review of names prior to submittal)

Access Permit: Contact the Yavapai County Public Works Department, to see if an access permit from a County Maintained Road is required. A written verification from Public Works will be required for the road naming application to be accepted. This step only applies when an easement/private road intersects with a county-maintained road.

Recorded Legal Description: Supply a 8 ½ x 11 recorded legal description or Survey showing clearly what easement is intended to be named. An additional map will be required for properties greater than 20ac indicating the exact location of the easement.

Hand Drawn Map: Prepare a simple hand drawn map showing precise directions to the location of the street to be named. Please supply a gate code if there is one. Keep in mind this map is intended to get our inspectors to your new road for review. Feel free to use the Directions to Property form located in our Forms section of Development Services.

After all documents have been completed please submit your application and all necessary paperwork through our online portal listed here.