Tax Deed Sales
The Yavapai County Board of Supervisors (the "Board") will sell to the highest bidder real property in Yavapai County, held in the name of the State of Arizona by tax deed ("Tax Deeded Real Property") in accordance with the requirements set forth in A.R.S. §§ 42-18301 through 42-18303.
There are two ways parcels of land held in the name of the State of Arizona by tax deed may be purchased: Online Auction or "Over the Counter".
The first sale or "auction" of parcels occurs once a year upon receipt of a list of real property held in the name of the State of Arizona by deed from the County Treasurer.
- The Tax Sale Auction is conducted online.
- Pursuant to A.R.S § 42-18302, a Public Notice and the list of the parcels being auctioned will be advertised in the Prescott Daily Courier and the Verde Valley Independent, once a week for at least two weeks, but not more than three weeks before the stated date of the sale.
- The list can also be obtained from the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors Office, 1015 Fair Street, Prescott Arizona, 86305 (928-771-3200), when available.
- The Yavapai County Clerk of the Board will conduct the next annual Online Tax Sale Auction in 2022 via the online auction website Public Surplus at www.PublicSurplus.com.
- Please visit Public Surplus at www.PublicSurplus.com for general information and registration.
"Over the Counter"
The second sale of property is for parcels that are held in the name of the State of Arizona by tax deed that did not receive a bid during the previous years' auction process.
Property information is provided on these web pages as a public resource for general information purposes only. It is intended to be used to inventory parcels of land in Yavapai County for property tax sale purposes only
All property are offered for sale "as-is, where-is". No warranties or representations are made regarding the property, including but not limited to, availability of water, utilities, irrigation, sewers, access, ingress, street or road maintenance, zoning, applicability of subdivision plat, suitability for building, flood plain status, or any other physical characteristic or title issues relating to the property. Do not bid if you are unsure of the property being offered, your bid is your offer to purchase.
Yavapai County has not made and is not liable for or bound by, any express or implied warranties, guarantees, statements, representations or information pertaining to the property or related thereto. Bidders rely solely on their own expertise in purchasing property. Bidders should conduct such inspections and investigations of the property as they deem necessary, including, but not limited to, the physical and environmental conditions thereof, and shall rely upon the same. By bidding, bidders acknowledge they have been afforded a full opportunity to conduct such investigations as necessary to satisfy them as to the condition of the property and will rely solely upon the same and not upon any information provided by or on behalf of County, its agents, or employees with respect thereto.
Persons interested in purchasing parcels from the Board of Supervisors list of Real Property Held by the State of Arizona under Tax Deed are encouraged to thoroughly research the property before submitting a bid.
For additional information, please see Frequently Asked Questions(PDF, 278KB).